Many people these days especially men would like to own a gun. It does not just serve to uplift the image or status but also for protection or self defense. For many, to own a quality handgun is a privilege too hence, most people would like to buy one for their own. The thing is, even though guns can be purchased around, it is not like an item that can be bought without having a second thought. Although there are various reasons why it is needed, to own a gun means big responsibility. That is why, a second or even third thought must be firm prior to getting one.
What you need to buy a quality handgun?
* State of residency proof
* Valid ID
* Decent background
How do you buy a gun?
1. Before you can buy a gun, you have to be a rightful resident of your state or the state where you will purchase. At least 18 years of age is the typical requirement to buy a rifle. In most states, the minimum age requirement is 21. To legally buy a gun, you must not have a clean background and no ongoing investigation in whatsoever case.
2. Selection of the gun that you need is often a challenge. This is because there are quite a few types of guns available. There are rifles for hunting, shotguns for small game hunters and quality handgun for those who need it for protection purposes.
3. Finding a licensed dealer near you. This is one vital step that must not be neglected. These dealers are often found at gun shows, sporting goods and private shops. Such dealers have got the licensed to legally sell guns.
4. After finding the dealer that you wish to buy guns from, you can ask to check his stocks. With such, you can be able to inspect the gun that you are interested with and see it is in good condition. One way of ensuring that the dealer that you selected is knowledgeable, try asking a couple of questions. He will definitely be able to answer all your questions quickly.
5. Completing and paperwork. Your paperwork must be filled out and completed when you have finally decided to buy a gun. Such papers will consist of your personal details like full name, date of birth, proof of address and social security number. The information that you will provide will be forwarded to the National Instant Criminal Background Check system so as to check if your background is clear. Checking can be performed in just a few hours. You will be able to buy a gun so long as no restriction is found under your name.
6. Please note that some states have got a holding period before a gun can be released. If so, there is a need to wait until you can take home the quality handgun. Otherwise, you are able to bring it home right away when all papers are complete and settled.
For more information, check out http://www.ehow.com/about_4799052_gun-background-check-laws.html